Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What is Love? [insert head bobbing here]

I know you've probably all seen these "through a child's eyes" things before, but I particularly enjoyed these comments from kids on love. I hope they bring a smile to your dial!

(on falling in love)
"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." - Glenn, age 7
"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." - Manuel, age 8
"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too." - Greg, age 8
"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." - Mike, 10
"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television." - Jill, age 6
"One of the people has freckles, and so he finds somebody else who has freckles too." - Andrew, age 6
"One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills." - Ava, age 8
"No one is sure why love happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." - Mae, age 9
"It's never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you. That's why I stopped doing it." - Tammy, age 10
"Love isn't always how you look. Look at me. I'm handsome like anything, and I haven't got anybody to marry me yet." - Brian, age 7
"It's love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it's just like how their hearts are on fire." - Christine, age 9
"Many daters just eat pork chops and french fries and talk about love." - Craig, age 9
"You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming." - Allan, age 10

(on how to make someone fall in love with you)

"Tell them that you own a whole bunch of candy stores." - Del, age 6
"Yell out that you love them at the top of your lungs...and don't worry if their parents are right there." - Manuel, age 8
"Tell her that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck!" - Ricky, age 7

(on why lovers hold hands)
"They want to make sure their rings don't fall off, because they paid good money for them." - Gavin, age 8

(on how to tell if 2 people are married)

"You might have to guess based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids." - Derrick, age 8

Sweet, huh? :) I'll write a more original post tomorrow, promise.

1 comment:

  1. Yelling at the same kids...that waas good! I also liked the kid who is handsome as anything.

    ReplyDelete