Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Fish

One of my favourite things in the world is sharing "God stories". These are testimonies of miraculous, moving, surprising, beautiful, etc. things God has done in your life. They don't have to be huge and amazing, just any kind of story of provision and blessing from the Lord.
I'd like to share one with you today - and hopefully you'll share one with me. I pray it will uplift your spirits and show some of Our Father's great goodness.

About 7 years ago, my family moved to Tasmania, the tiny island state of Australia. It was our first day there and we'd just moved into the little house we were renting. Being the first day, and being on no income at the time, we had nothing to eat and no money to buy food with that night. Anyway, we decided to go for a drive around the area, to see the new local sights, and stopped at a pretty little lake (of which there are hundreds in Tassie). My sisters and I stood and threw rocks into the water (as all kids do!) for a couple of minutes, before my parents noticed a man fishing a little way down from us. Dad thought the rocks we'd been throwing would probably be scaring the fish away, so we went down to apologise to the man. We talked with the man for barely a minute before he offered us one of the big trout he'd just caught. We never mentioned that we'd just gotten off the plane, had no food, or anything like that. He just gave us a fish - so, we didn't go hungry that night, as we would've. I thank the Lord for His provision and "earthly angels"!

It was nothing big, just a fish. But I have never forgotten that day, that man, or that fish. And I doubt I ever will. God stuff, no matter what size, impacts you in an inexplicable way...
I hope to share more of God's many amazing blessings upon my family and I with you soon. And I look forward to hearing your stories!

2 comments:

  1. When I was about 18, a complete stranger started bothering me on the bus. I mean he kept trying to bargain for my.......ehem, anyway I was dressed quite modestly, so I don't know why I caught his attention. I tried ignoring him. Anyways, he later tried to follow me off the bus. A complete stranger got up from his seat, blocked his way, and said don't be afraid, I won't let him get off of this bus for a while. I always thought of him as an earthly angel sent by God to rescue me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story! I love how God uses the simple things to show us his amazing love and faithfulness.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete